Horn chirp w/ keyless entry lock?

From: Corey Betka (betka@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 09:30:43 EST

2001 CC 4x4 4.7l Forest Green SLT+
(Huge, untouched picture at:
http://www.housing.uiuc.edu/people/betka/truck.html)
I'll try to get the window sticker up somewhere this week.

Anyone know how to turn off the horn chirp that happens when you lock
with keyless entry? I've tried the method in the manual, but that
seems to have no effect:

1. Turn key to ON, do not start.
2. Press UNLOCK button on fob for 4 to 10 secs
3. While holding the UNLOCK button, press the LOCK button, release
        both together.
4. A chime should sound when programming is complete.

I never get the chime....I wonder if they printed the wrong
instructions, 2000 instead of 2001? The chirp is driving my neighbors
nuts.

Also, anyone got a reccomendation on a good form fitted rubber bedmat?

Corey Betka