Re: Horn chirp w/ keyless entry lock?

From: Tim J Koth (Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 16:56:41 EST

If you have an after market alarm system installed over-top of the keyless
entry you may have to have the dealer disable the beep. Thats the problem I
ran into. I have the factory keyless entry with a Silencer Alarm System
installed by the dealer. The stupid thing was doing double beeps for everything
when I first got it. I used the procedure in the owners manual to disable the
Daks keyless entry beep and that brought me to just one beep for lock and two
for unlock. ow to disable that I my documentation with the alarm system said I
need to have the dealer do it as they have to plug in a controller into mine in
order to select that option. Since they are an hour away I've learned to live
with it.... but I also don't have to lock mine at home since it sits in a
garage. But I think I'd be a pissed off camper if I had to put up with the
stupid thing beeping at home all the time. Don't know if thats your
situation or not but thought I'd share the info just in case..

Tim