RE: RE: Warranty?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 18:05:25 EST

People...

Be careful with all of those "aftermarket" warranties. I had one from a
similar company and was denied warranty coverage because I didn't have a
"official" record of the oil changes and other routine services. REGARDLESS
of the fact that i'm an ex-certified mechanic and maintain all of my
vehicles on a (more than) regular basis!! I dropped them like a rock,
contacted my legal service (corporate "freebie") and got my money back in
full.

Other companies are almost the same but some only require that you keep the
receipts for the oil, filter, and any other maintenance parts (yes...even
cap, rotor, and plugs).

- Bernd

(I like that link though!!) ;)