My next mod(s)...

From: Hoostine (hoostine@geocities.com)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 19:17:28 EST

...will be some headers and a new exhaust system, cat and all. i'm putting
a cat back on since i'm running lean. there's LOTS more hp and tq when the
engine is cold, but only for a few minutes, the power fades even before the
engine warms up. i'm guessing that's open loop right? anyways, should i
replace my o2 sensors? there's a sensor before and after the cat, are those
both o2 sensors? i'm going with a flowmaster delta 30 single in/dual out.
3in pipe from the headers to the muffler, 2 1/2 in pipe from the muffler
back. sound good?

also what's required to upgrade my ignition? and how hard is it to do? i
know that distributor cap looks like one hell of a bitch to get out...caan't
wait.

on the ignition front, i'm planning on running nitrous and i want rev
limiters on the bottom and top end, can only come on above 2500RPM and below
5000RPM. gonna get an mp hp computer first tho. headers and exhaust then
computer then tb then injectors then n2o then forged al pistons then more
n2o

what can be done to raise the compression ratio? can that be done on a fuel
injected engine?

--Hoostine

i'd prefer direct mail of responses, cc them to me or something cause i
don't always get a chance to wade through the dml mail.

98 club cab sport, 3.9L, 5-spd, 3.23's, totally stock minus the cat, black.