Re: Re: Attention DML List Members...

From: Chris Lambert (mopar88@efortress.com)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 19:22:14 EST

Your 4.7 will last 5 million miles easy... the design life on the 4.7 is
150k miles with average maintence and average driving, the 318 magnum was
designed for a usable life of 125k, i believe the earlier engines were
designed for 100k but I am sure someone knows better than me on this one...

Chris

>I heard that, Jon! What's the life expectancy of my 4.7L? Although I will
>say that the 4.7L has some pretty impressive longevity features built into
>it-crossdrilled main crank journals,rolled fillets in crank
>journals,balanced better than 18gm/cm,moly-coated piston skirts,12lb oil
>ring tension,needle bearing roller rockers,etc.I've maintained several
>vehicles that have gone past their "usable life".I have 2 318 engines laying
>in the floor of the shop that have over 300,000 miles a piece on
>them.Exactly how long were they supposed to last?

'00 CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Traction Bars, Spring
Clamps, Magnum Front Plate, Quick D Intake, "Smoke Em" Decal, Paint
In bed-liner, More to come
http://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm