New member introduction/basic ???'s

From: George Coffey (gcoffey@telocity.com)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 22:05:35 EST

Hey guys... I just found/joined this mailing list and wanted to give a
brief introduction and shoot out a couple of questions.

I own a '00 Dakota Sport standard cab with the 4.7, 5-speed trans, and 3.55
gears. I purchased the truck as a daily driver, and to use as a tow vehicle
for my Camaro. I have about 4500 miles on it so far. I do not have the
factory towing package, and plan on having a class III/IV receiver
installed. I believe my rated towing capacity is 5700lbs. My car/trailer
combo will come in around 5000 or so. Should my Dakota be able to handle
this with little effort?

Also, I'm interested in possibly doing a few minor performance upgrades in
the near future. What are the "must-haves" for the 4.7/5-speed combo? Any
recommended vendors (I'm used to buying parts for late-model GM cars)? I
haven't had it to the strip yet, but I plan on taking it when I get some
bugs worked out of my Camaro. Assuming decent driving, what kind of numbers
do these trucks click off bone stock?

Please bear with the "new guy" and the same questions that have probably
been asked a thousand times over...

George Coffey