Re: Dak decisions......

From: IXLR8RT@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 00:35:44 EST

In a message dated 10/31/2000 10:59:35 PM Central Standard Time,
grndak4x4@home.com writes:

> Well based upon my recent gas mileage woes and my Daks higher
> mileage.........I checked out a truck today which caught my eye after work:
> -1995 Cherokee 2 door 4x4
> -Dark Green, like my Dak
> -Lift Kit of some type, with 32" BGFs and aftermarket rims

Kyle,

Beware, the Jeep Cherokee's are not known for their good gas mileage.
Even the new ones are only factory rated at mid to upper teens. Add in the
lift and 32" tires and it can only get worse.
I have a friend with a 97' Cherokee 4dr with the 4.0 and 31" tires. He is
averaging only 14 mpg.
Cherokee's are nice, but if your looking for gas mileage you need to start
thinking of something like a Neon or something. No offense, just my opinion.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

Later,
Jeff C.

"There's no such thing as too much cam, just not enough motor."
--David Freiburger

Jeff Capuzzi
00' Dakota Sport RC 2wd, IB with 4.7 V8, 5 speed, and 3.55 gears.
Decal free, 255/60-15 Firestone's, loud pipes, homemade cold air intake
system, homemade traction bar's, and more on the way...