Re: Dak decisions......

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 09:08:35 EST

> My other vehicle is a 95 Cherokee (XJ), 4dr, auto, 4x4, 4.0L I6, Mobil1
10w-30 synth, 3.55 gears, mod'd intake tube with K&N cone filter, Flowmaster
cat-back, 31" AT's on aftermarket rims, 4" lift and other offroad
mod's....on a good tank I'll get almost 14mpg. When it was stock I was
getting avg of 16mpg, under same driving conditions. I'm actually planning
on selling the XJ soon just because I don't drive it any more. Of course,
I've been saying that all summer and have yet to put a for sale sign on it.
My QC is getting 16-17mpg right now, under those same driving conditions.

> I don't know what your needs are, but if fuel economy is what you're
after, you might want to look at something else. It seems like bigger tires
on the XJ's put a big hurt on fuel economy, especially if the gearing isn't
changed for tires larger than 31". And they start breaking once you lift
them, but parts are easy to find and easy to fix.

Gas mileage is something I have NEVER been concerned about with my truck,
cause I know indeed it is a truck and not a 3cyl Metro. But when I am
getting extremely poor mileage, almost a 50-75 mile drop per tank in the
last few weeks, the numbers arent good at all. If I can fix it and boost
the mpg back up, I would. I dont know where to start though.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6