? on Stage 2 Jet Chip

From: Daniel Card (dccard1@pacbell.net)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 13:44:04 EST

With this 48hr extension on the group buy, I'm considering getting one
for my 00 QC 4x4 4.7L. I assume I would have to get the Stage 2 because
of the intake and exhaust mod's. I would have to replace the t-stat, I
haven't found one yet. Hell, I haven't even bothered looking for where
it's located on the engine.

Anyway, my questions are:
1. Is this a direct plug-in device in a wire harness somewhere? Leading
to, can it be easily removed in case I have to take the Dak in to the
dealer for service?
2. Do you have to use 92 octane? The gas is not cheap in CA!
3. With the HP increase, how does it effect mpg? Thinking that maybe I
can take it out for during the week when I'm commuting.
4. I can't find the t-stat everyone is talking about. Is there
someplace online that carries them? I live in the east Bay Area, work
in San Jose, anyone know who carries it around here?

thanks,
Dan