sparkplugs wire looms

From: jay & dana (jay&dana@telus.net)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 20:12:10 EST

I just received a catalog for sparkplug wire looms from Made for You
Products. My question is all of the ones I am looking at say will fit 7-8mm
wires only, unless I go to 10.5mm wires (way to big). Will the ones for the
7-8mm fit the MSD 8.5 wires? The ones I am interested in are the Butn-Snap
separators part# 50-056 or the universal separators part# 50-156. The
Butn-Snap separators have self locking pegs and the Universal separators
have stainless steel hardware to attach components. I remember Bernd saying
something about "don't get the cool looking metal ones". But the only metal
parts on these are the screws that hold the plastic looms together.
There is so much to choose from. Has anybody out there used the "Smoothie
Wire Loom Separator Kits" from "Made for you Products"( and I know there
is). I found out about this product on the DML and am hoping someone can
respond to my question. The two screws that hold these separators together
don't constitute as bad conductivity does it? I don't want to remove my
valve covers to attach these looms so I would greatly appreciate any advice
on this matter.

Thanks Guys
Jay