Re: VIN Check

From: Ryan Stewart (firebird@kymtnnet.org)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 06:21:19 EST

Her eya go Steven, looks clean enuff to me!

----------------------

The Vehicle Identification Number submitted was checked against the Carfax®
database of over 1.21 billion vehicle records. The Carfax database includes
U.S. and Canadian title and registration activity, rental and lease usage,
odometer readings from inspection stations, auto auctions and other sources.
The results of this search are displayed below.

Vehicle ID: 1FMCU22E8VUB85058
Yr/Mfg: 1997 Ford
Model: Explorer
Body: 2D Sp Ut Utility
Engine: 4.0L V6 EFI SOHC
Fuel: Gasoline
Driveline: Rear-wheel drive
Aspiration: Normal
Country Mfg.: United States

RESULT: CLEAN TITLE HISTORY GUARANTEED FOR THIS VEHICLE

The VIN submitted was checked against the Carfax database to determine if
any title document for this 1997 Ford was designated or marked with any of
the following types of problems:

Salvage/Junk Title Checked. No Problem Title Found.
Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Checked. No Problem Title Found.
Flood Damage Title Checked. No Problem Title Found.
Damage Disclosure Title Checked. No Problem Title Found.
Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON) Title Checked. No Problem Title Found.
Exceeds Mechanical Limits Title Checked. No Problem Title Found.
Not Actual Mileage Title Checked. No Problem Title Found.

For more information see the Clean Title History Guarantee section.

RESULT: No odometer rollback detected in the Carfax database.

The VIN submitted for this 1997 Ford was checked against the Carfax database
to determine if any reported odometer reading is less than a previous
reading.

The Carfax database contains the following information about this 1997 Ford:

DATE ODOMETER INFORMATION GENERAL
REPORTED READING SOURCE COMMENTS

04/10/1997 32 California Title issued
                    Motor Vehicle Dept. Registered as lease
                          vehicle
                          Odometer reading recorded
                          on 03/16/1997

04/10/1997 California Registered as
                    Motor Vehicle Dept. corporate fleet vehicle

07/07/1999 30,939 California Passed emissions inspection
                    Inspection Station
                    Vista, CA

07/07/1999 California Emissions inspection
                    Inspection Station performed
                    Vista, CA

08/17/1999 California Title issued
                    Motor Vehicle Dept. First lien reported

03/31/2000 30,955 California Title issued
                    Motor Vehicle Dept. Odometer reading recorded
                    Fallbrook, CA on 07/10/1999

NOTE: You have significantly reduced your risk of purchasing a vehicle with
a hidden problem. However, Carfax has not inspected this vehicle. There
could be other potential problems with this vehicle that have not been
reported to Carfax.

NOTE: Not all titles issued represent a change in vehicle ownership. For
example, a title could be issued to reflect an address change or correction.

Carfax agrees to pay to the holder of this report 10% of the wholesale value
of the car, up to $1,000, if Section 2 of this report indicates a Clean
Title History and a Problem Title actually exists for this vehicle. A
Problem Title is defined as a passenger motor vehicle ownership document
issued by the state that bears the word or symbol signifying that the
vehicle was salvaged or junked; rebuilt or reconstructed; flood damaged;
disclosed as damaged; bought back by the manufacturer; odometer exceeds
mechanical limits; odometer was not the actual mileage; or any other symbol
or word of like kind. The individual or entity must have ownership of the
vehicle in question at the time a claim is made. This offer is not valid
with any other guarantee offered by Carfax.

For complete terms and conditions of the Carfax Clean Title History
Guarantee ask your authorized Carfax subscriber for a Clean Title History
Guarantee certificate, or a copy of "A Consumers Guide to Buying a Quality
Used Vehicle." The terms and conditions also appear on the Carfax Web site
at www.carfax.com or may be obtained by writing to Carfax.

CARFAX DEPENDS ON ITS SOURCES FOR THE ACCURACY AND RELIABILITY OF ITS
INFORMATION. THEREFORE, NO RESPONSIBILITY IS ASSUMED BY CARFAX OR ITS AGENTS
FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THIS REPORT. CARFAX FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS
ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CARFAX®

 Auto Auction - Auto auctions provide Carfax with odometer readings of
vehicles brought to the auction for sale (and whether or not it sold). It is
common practice for vehicles to be wholesaled at auctions.
Damage Disclosure Title - The title issued when the seller indicates that
the vehicle has sustained damage as a result of one or more incidents. The
amount of damage varies by state.
Date Reported - Refers to the date when the transaction occurred.
Dealer Service Company - Dealer Service Companies assist auto dealers manage
their inventories. These companies offer data services in the areas of mass
marketing, maintenance notification, unit labeling and advertising. Not all
dealer service companies report information to Carfax.
Emissions Inspections - Many states or counties require annual or biennial
emissions inspections. Odometer readings are collected at the time of the
inspection.
Exceeds Mechanical Limits - When the seller certifies, under the Truth in
Mileage Act, that the odometer reading EXCEEDS MECHANICAL LIMITS of the
odometer, usually 99,999 miles.
Exempt Vehicle - The vehicle is over 10 years old, was manufactured before
1986, and is exempt from odometer reporting requirements.
Fleet Management Company - Fleet Management Companies provide the management
of financing, insurance, maintenance and repair of fleet vehicles owned by
other businesses. Fleet companies are typically self-insured. Vehicles that
have sustained varying degrees of damage have been reported to Carfax,
however not all fleet management companies report information to Carfax.
Flood Damage Title - States issue flood titles when a vehicle has been in a
flood or has received extensive water damage.
General Comments - Carfax reports display important information in the
General Comment section, including potential problems for each transaction.
Comments will vary, depending on the source of the information.
Information Source - Refers to the provider or origin of the transaction.
There are several sources you may see on a report including Motor Vehicle
Department, Auto Auctions, Salvage Auctions, and Emissions Inspection
Stations.
Lemon Law Vehicle - A vehicle with major problems which as been repurchased
by or had its price renegotiated with the manufacturer. The state marks its
official records or issues an identifying title for lemon law vehicles. Laws
vary by state as to the specific requirements for a "buyback."
Lien - A lien is an ownership right to a piece of property. When a financial
institution loans money to someone purchasing a vehicle, the financial
institution has a lien on the vehicle. Other types of liens include
mechanics' liens and child support liens.
Motor Vehicle Dept. - Motor Vehicle Departments issue both titles and
registrations to a vehicle's owner. Each title or registration record which
appears on a Carfax report does not necessarily indicate a change in
ownership. New titles and registrations can be created for name, address and
lienholder changes; ownership changes; vehicle status changes; registration
activity; title corrections; and lost titles.
Not Actual Mileage - When the seller certifies, under the Truth in Mileage
Act, that the odometer reading is NOT ACTUAL MILEAGE. This may occur because
the disclosed odometer reading was not accurate and verifiable.
Odometer Rollback - If a more recent odometer reading is less than an older
reading, then the odometer may have been "rolled back."
Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title - The vehicle sustained damage and was rebuilt
or reconstructed, then placed back on the road.
Repossession - When a repossession occurs a vehicle owner fails to make loan
payments, and the financial institution holding the title takes possession
of the vehicle.
Salvage Auction Record - Vehicles that are sold at salvage auctions. These
vehicles have been declared a total loss by an insurance company, are
recovered stolen vehicles, or have been repossessed.
Salvage/Junk Title - States issue salvage titles when an insurance company
takes possession of a vehicle as a result of a claim. This generally occurs
after a vehicle has been declared a total loss. States issue junk titles to
indicate that a vehicle is not road worthy and cannot be titled again in
that state.
Service Plan Company - Service Plan Companies market extended warranty plans
to buyers of both new and used cars as mechanical breakdown insurance.
Information is collected from service plan companies when they issue
contracts and when they pay repair claims. Not all service plan companies
report information to Carfax.
Title Issued - A state issues a title to provide a vehicle owner with proof
of ownership. Each title has a unique number. Each title or registration
record which appears on a Carfax report does not necessarily indicate a
change in ownership.
Total Loss - An insurance company declares a vehicle a total loss when
paying a claim for the full value of the vehicle. Insurance companies
typically take possession and obtain the title of such vehicles.
Vehicle ID No. - This 17 character number is unique to each vehicle. It
identifies characteristics of the vehicle, including manufacturer, year,
model, body, engine specifications, and serial number.

-Ryan
99 DA RC R/T