Re: Re: Stupid, dangerous, ignorant, no erxcuse road racing.

From: Ryan Stewart (firebird@kymtnnet.org)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 06:41:22 EST

AT the threat of getting flamed here, I just want to say, I see no problem
with a little street race from a light to 70 on a highway, or a romp from
50-75..... I haven't been in a street race myself as of yet (I am 16) but
have been in many with my brother. He always checks to make sure I want to
do it before he does BTW, which is irrelevant as I am the one usually egging
him on. Couple rules he/I follow are, lotsa traffic? Oh well, SOL! Near
anywhere someone/an animal might be crossing the road? SOL again! If we come
to a red light, even if it is neck and neck, you HAVE to let off and stop
for the red light, even if you could just "breeze right through".

These races also shouldn't be a "road race", shouldn't last over a minute,
and by god, a minute long street race would be a helluva thing to witness!
:)

Ain't been in a good race in about 2 months....everyone is scared. Had a
good race on the way to the track with an LT1 Vette though! But only up to
40MPH. He couldn't pull away though!

Oh yeah, also street racing in an R/T is curved (as well as reckless
driving) by the fact if you push it you get about 5mpg.....hehehe..... Let's
say it "keeps you in check" :)

Got my flame proof suit on. :)

-Ryan
99 DA RC R/T
Listen to the exhaust, ohh...so sweet so tempting! :)