Re: Can't get the Dak to hook at the track.

From: tonyc (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 12:23:38 EST

I had traction problems at the track as well with my truck. My solution as
of now has been 28x8.5 slicks with 11 psi, cal-tracs (1/2 - 3/4 turn
preload) an additional leaf in the rear springs between the top leaf and the
second with length between the two. This has dropped my 60 foot from
2.20-2.30 (275/60x15 Good Year Wingfoots) to 1.921.

Tony
98 Black Std Cab Short Bed Sport, 5.2, 5spd, 3.9 LSD, Centerforce Dual
Friction Clutch, Hooker Headers, Calvert Trac Bars, Jet Chip, stiffened rear
springs, M/T 28x8.5 slicks 9.245 @ 72.78 1/8. Awaiting completion of a
Vortech S/C, Hughes cam, roller rockers