Worn emergency brake lines

From: David Carmany (gt6416b@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 20:45:55 EST

    I don't know if this is just truck specific or could be a problem
across the board. I have a 98 4x4 CC Dak with a 318 and manual trans.
When I was inspecting all my brake lines for the recall, I noticed the
outer covering for my emergency brakes had noticeable wear from rubbing
against each other.. . I was wondering if anyone else has notice the
wear on their emergency brake lines. It is easy to spot. If you look in
the driver side rear wheel well you will see the brake lines. If anyone
knows about this problem or if some of you can take a look and see if
this is more than just my truck. I have been to my dealer, had issues
with their incompetence in the past, and he just shrugged and said it
wasn't a recall and would not fix it under warranty. Any help would be
appreciated.