Re: Re: 97-01 Dakota Crash test poor

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 22:49:38 EST

The tests haven't changed, they've just added to them.
Where you all are getting confused, is the test they did in '97 was a
frontal crash rating. It was very good. In the past year they have
also done a side impact test, that was very good. This test that was
linked to, is the offset frontal crash rating, which was also done in
the past year, and came out poor, as you saw. I think it's
suspicious though. It doesn't bear out real world experiences.
Also, how can it be very good from the front and the side, and poor
at the corner? The Toyota Tacoma was poor frontally, extremely poor
side, and the best in the offset frontal. I question the validity of
these offset frontal crash tests.

Flip

Care2 make the world greener !