Re: RE: Re: with all that has been going on lately...

From: Grady Ogburn (jgo@uswest.net)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 09:33:37 EST

Steve-

> You mean Homosexual not Gay (definition: meaning happy). Wrong
> terminology. Every time I hear this word, I try to correct people and
refer
> the word GAY back to its original meaning. No pun against anyone on this
> list living that life style. Just a correction of wording here.

I guess I should've corrected my cousin when he called me to tell me he was
Gay. You mean to tell me he was just in a good mood? ;)

> Rainbow has nothing to do with that group. It is a religious symbol not
the
> other. Sorry. Another correction.

I beg to differ. If you see a rainbow sticker on a car, it doesn't mean
there's a religious person inside. Stop the driver and ask them what the
rainbow means to them.

I wish it weren't true -- before my days as a Marine officer, a little
rainbow sticker on yer window meant something other than what *most* people
understand it to mean today.

DAK CONTENT. I don't put ANY stickers on my truck.

Grady Ogburn
'98 Sport CC 4x4
5.2l, 5 Speed
Mesa Headers & Cat