RE: RE: Ford Issues Large Recall of Pickups

From: Chris Currie (ccurrie@src.net)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 14:59:13 EST

> Hell I agree. My 2000 4x4 Dak is 10 months old and I just
> got my 4th recall

Whats the deal with 4 recalls? Do they only pertain to trucks in the states?
I've had my 2000 4X4 Dakota for almost a year now, and I just got my first
recall about 3 weeks ago. It was for the Front Pinion Nose Bracket Bolts. It
was only on 4X4 Dakotas, and Durangos. Sorry can't recall if it was only on
year 2000 trucks or not. The recall stated that the bolts may break causing
the front of the truck to rest on the drive shaft. This, surprisingly
enough, may cause damage to the front driveshaft.....

Chris Currie
2000 Club Cab Sport, 4X4, Intense Blue, 5 Spd., V6