Re: ??? burnouts ???

From: Jason Bleazard (drazaelb@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 16:55:17 EST

My understanding (I could be mistaken) was that an open differential
still sends some power to both wheels if they both have traction. If
one has 0 traction than it gets 100% of the power, but if it gets any
traction at all, at least some goes to the other wheel.

After all, it's not like the left wheel is completely disconnected
from the drive train.

--- yllwdkta <yllwdkta@insight.rr.com> wrote:
> I have been "warming up" so that I can do one great one for the
> cameras (my
> girlfriend is going to film me). Since these stock ones suck I am
> going to
> smoke the last one off. I only have and open diff. and noticed
> under my
> drivers side rear there's rubber. I thought that an open diff only
> had one
> wheel period. How am I getting rubber under the opposite wheel? I
> even
> checked by lifting the rear and the wheels spin in opposite
> directions.
> This makes not since to me. BTW I will post the video clip if I
> can find
> someone that can put a 3mm tape onto the computer. Anyone? I will
> pay u!
>
> Tim Althoff
> http://www.angelfire.com/oh3/yllw/dkta.html

=====
Linux: Because a 486 is a terrible thing to waste.