RE: Re: RE: sparkplugs wire looms ATTN: Ron W

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 19:00:29 EST

Let's see, how do I answer all these questions? First of all, I removed my
stock valve covers so I did what you don't want to do and believe me it was
a pain! I installed the custom Mopar Magnum valve covers which includes all
new bolts and gaskets. Ok, enough about that. Your stock wire looms are
made to fit stock wires (7 mm). Those looms can be removed without removing
the valve cover bolts. Just grab a hold of the plastic loom with a pair of
pliers and yank. Watch out, don't hit yourself in the face because once
they let loose, they let loose. I don't know about the ones Jon is talking
about but even if you have to remove the bolts for new ones it shouldn't be
a problem. The valve cover gaskets nowadays are rubber and steel and can be
reused. You're not going to take the valve covers off anyway, just take
each bolt out and put a new bolt in. You should use a torque wrench when
installing just to be on the safe side. I use the Made 4 You 7-8mm looms
and it fits quite snugly and doesn't present a problem for the wires
whatsoever.

Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
For modifications see my DML Profile