Re: Homebrew Intakes (Kyle)

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 20:30:20 EST

    You've seen my intake haven't you? What the exhaust shop did for mine
was to cut a 90 degree elbow in half and weld the tw 45's on each end of a
pipe.
They couldn't bend the 45's for one reason or another (different planes
might
have something to do with it). The welds came out a little rought on the
outside,
but fairly smooth on the inside. The shop charged me $40 for mine and I
think
most of that was profit for them :-(
    I do like the idea of the Jet-Hot as i have noticed performance decrease
when it's hot out. That aluminumized steel really heats up with the headers.
wrapped pipe insulation on it, but couldn't stand the looks of it. Anyway,
you
can see it at http://www.intense99dak.com/fipk.htm

Chuck Robbins
'99 Intense Blue Sport