RE: RE: Homebrew Intakes

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 19:42:39 EST

> You could just go to a exhaust pipe shop and have them bend a 3" mandrel
> aluminum piping.

I thought about this, just not sure how much it would cost. I mean the
length of 3" pipe needed couldnt(shouldnt) cost more than $15. Possibly a
very minimal charge for bending the pipe. It would be really nice to have a
3" pipe bet up and them even ceramic coated(better temp control and looks).
Because of the PVC shattering thing brought up, I am going to start
researching custom pricing on a metal tube. Especially since I live in a
very cold area, I dont want it to become brittle and crack with the heat of
the engine bay. Since my Dak is a GenII using a GenIII airhat, I cannot buy
the 'intake' tubes, cause I would need a custom job. I am hoping to just
take in my fabbed up piece of PVC pipe into an exhaust shop and see what
they can do for me. Would Jet-Hot(www.jet-hot.com/index.htm) do this small
of job?
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6