Re: Tranny pan won't come out HELP!

From: Fast4x4Dakota@aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 23:42:02 EST

In a message dated 11/4/00 8:22:32 PM Pacific Standard Time,
zavetsky@home.com writes:

> It'll come out...just ONE way though and for the life of me I cant remeber
> what tha twas.......it IS a real PITA.........especially when it's full of
> fluid........

Let me stress this. It WILL NOT come out the way the truck sits right now.
I fought with it for 2 hours. I can get it so close but then it will hit the
Y-pipe, or trying another method it hits the valve body by about 1/8 of an
inch, the damn thing just won't come out. I'm about ready to take the
sawzall to the Y-pipe, then the damn thing will come out! I guess I'll try
dropping the Y-pipe from the manifolds to gain some clearance. If all else
fails I'm going to cut the crossmember, or exhaust, or both!

Luke
1996 Black 4x4 Dakota, SLT CC SB, 318, 3" 2 Chamber Flowmaster cat back
exhaust, 9" open element Mr. Gasket Air cleaner, 52mm Ported TB, 3923
Autolites, A-518 / 46RE, 3.55 geared Peg Leg 8 1/4, 31x10.50 BFG Mud
Terrains, Alpine CD player, Infinity Kappa Speakers.
Coming soon: E-Body 8 3/4" Rear axle, 3.55 gears, Detroit locker, 10" Brakes,
and Moser Engineering custom alloy axles!