Re: Tranny pan won't come out HELP!

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 00:12:08 EST

I had a 94, 4x4, had no problems... you have the dip stick out, correct? I
think i remember that hanging up on me... You have to twist and turn it if I
remember or sumthin like that.... you shouldent have to move anything,
unless you bent your "Y" pipe....
*-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-*
Tim Berry (97 Dakota Club Cab)
Chesapeake, VA
Best 1/4: 13.50@101.91
*-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-*

> Well it started out as just a routine trans service (the first one I've
done
> on this truck) and I pulled the pan drained the fluid, well then when I
went
> to remove the pan, it wouldn't fit out! It won't physically fit between
the
> Y-pipe and the transmission cross member! I even tried pulling the trans
> mount bolts and jacking the trans up an inch, still no go. I tried
mashing
> the Y-pipe with no success. This just won't come out! What a PITA! I'm
not
> at all impressed. Unless someone has suggestions I'm going to notch the
> cross member to allow me to drop the pan. I don't see any other way to fo
> this. Right now I wish I had headers and the different Y-pipe. Pulling
the
> pipe from the manifolds isn't an option, It's just too much hassle right
now,
> I'd rather cut the x-member. Any other suggestions?
>
> Luke
> 1996 Black 4x4 Dakota, SLT CC SB, 318, 3" 2 Chamber Flowmaster cat back
> exhaust, 9" open element Mr. Gasket Air cleaner, 52mm Ported TB, 3923
> Autolites, A-518 / 46RE, 3.55 geared Peg Leg 8 1/4, 31x10.50 BFG Mud
> Terrains, Alpine CD player, Infinity Kappa Speakers.
> Coming soon: E-Body 8 3/4" Rear axle, 3.55 gears, Detroit locker, 10"
Brakes,