Homebrew intake IN!

From: Robert Smith (rsmith13@NYCAP.rr.com)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 13:24:35 EST

Well, I was gonna wait til I got the Quick D TB from Tony, but he probly
hasn't even got the checks, yet, so I went ahead & added the intake anyway.
Got off fairly cheap, too. Used the OEM hat & the attached corrugated hose.
Found a 3" dia. piece of ABS in my garage, & squared it up with my 10" power
miter saw. Deburred the ends & hadda chamfer one side to help insert it into
the OEM corrugate. Grabbed a 3" rubber pipe connector at Home Depot for $5 &
removed the flange at the filter end, so the (yellow, of course) Intimidator
Ram Air filter fit snugly & securely into it. Hadda fabricate a bracket
outta some 1/8" x 1" brass flat stock I had laying around to keep 'er in
place & grabbed a couple of 4" dia. SS hose clamps to attach the bracket to
the ABS. The DAKSY seems to have a little more VROOM-VROOM! Can't wait to
get it on I-90 tomorrow on the way to work! Hurry up Tony D! The "HAWK"
(winter!) is comin & I don't have a heated garage to install the TB!
QUESTION: Do I hafta reset the PCM? Now? Should I wait to install the Quick
D?
TIA!

Bob Smith
2K Dak SY CC Sport +