PVC issues

From: Stephen Cecil (scecil@npc.net)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 11:25:11 EST

>When you say 'obviously, someone has run into these problems..' what
>are you referring to? Its not obvious to me. What 'other applications'?

>From http://burkholderconstruction.com/body2.html :

"Pipes made from PVC release chlorinated compounds and other chemicals into
the water. PVC has been shown to outgas Diethyl phthalate, trimethylhexane,
aliphatic hydrocarbons and other harmful gases."

I would guess it's OK to use PVC in a home-brew intake for smoking the tires
on the Dakota, but not for a "water-pipe" for ,um uh, other smoking. ;)

Steve
00 CC Sport+ 4.7L Auto 3.55 LSD