Re: fuel economy

From: Michael Kuriger (michael@isuzu-mods.com)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 16:46:31 EST

I took a trip from L.A. to Mesa, AZ this weekend in my durango. for the
first 1/2 of the trip I bit the bullet and went 55 MPH. I also did not
rev the motor over 2000 RPM. I got 26 MPG. The rest of the trip I went
about 80 MPH (75 MPH speed limit) and I got 17 MPG. Why such a big
difference?

Also, stock 235-70-15's on my durango nicely got me stuck in the mud up
near Payson AZ. we tied up not one, not 2 but 3 4x4 v6 toyota's and thay
could not tow me out. One got stuck himself. A come-along and a couple
hours later I was free. Then I pulled the stuck 4 runner out. I will
have pictures posted on my site soon. It was a blast!

-=Mike Kuriger
1991 Isuzu Impulse RS 1.8
2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4x4 4.7
http://www.isuzu-mods.com