Re: RE: Cat Back Bull**** run-around!!!

From: Jon (jon@dakota-truck.net)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 17:47:55 EST

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, David A wrote:
> No one in Madison,Wi stocks either Dynomax,Flowmaster,Gibson,etc..
>
> Sure,i can order it,but then i get the "run-around" from the shop that would
> order the exhaust,the company who cant find the price of the system...and
> then finding a muffler shop that will install it in my truck...Even called
> one muffler shop,3 different days,and got 3 different prices on it...
[...]
> Guess ill have to settle for my Cold Air Intake....

  David,

  Easy solution; just do the install yourself. :-) I put a Gibson 3"
single cat-back system on my Dak as one of my very first mods, back when
I hadn't done anything more complex than changing my oil or putting on
an air filter. It was super easy, and if I had to do it again, I could
probably do it in less than a half an hour. The only "hard" part
really was when it came time to cut off the stock exhaust (just have
to follow the directions and cut it in the correct place; measure twice,
cut once...) Once you get over that small hurdle, its a cake walk;
an easy bolt on with no welding required. You don't need a lift or
anything either; I just backed my truck up a set of oil change ramps
and that gave me enough clearance. If you have access to a sawzall
that will make the job of removing the old exhaust much easier.

                                              -Jon-

  .---- Jon Steiger ----- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@twistedbits.net ------.
  | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot - SEL |
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `------------------------------ http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ----'