Intake Tubes\Measurements

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 21:06:33 EST

I am going to replace my current PVC intake setup with a metal tube. I want
to get a prefabbed one, just not sure if the intake tubes made for GenIII
Daks will fit my GenII Dak good. I dont see whynot, since I think the GenII
Dakotas have more engine bay room. I am using a GenIII air hat pictured on
QuickD's website, with the PVC pipe intake, and a K&N #RE-0920 Cone Filter.

I am pretty sure Tony sells just to metal intake tube, but I think it is too
short and wont get close enough to my trucks grill opening.
http://www.quickd.com/intake.htm

Intense performace has a metal intake pipe also, and comes with a "ceramic
coating"
http://www.intenseperformance.com/products/intense_air/intense_air.html

Can someone/anyone measure how long either their QuickD Intake Pipe is or
how long the Intense Performance pipe is? Are there any other 3" metal pipes
on the market?
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6