CT Autocross Results

From: Chris Lambert (mopar88@efortress.com)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 21:45:54 EST

Well as a few of you already know, this "meet" was pretty much weathered
out. I was the only dakota that ran. Dakota Dodge was on hand with all of
the photography equipment but those rice lovers wouldn't let him run,
something about running over the leaders car I believe. Heck they barely
let me run. All I heard all morning was that if I put it on it's top they
had no way to get it back on it's wheels, I said that that was why Dakota
was there... So basically it came down to my first run was being judged
safe or not... I took it really easy so I was deemed safe... i later
changed my driving style... let's just say that in each of my other 4 runs
I left a little rubber in a few key spots. I am hoping the pics and videos
came out good... My friend was also there with his '94 mustang gt (5.0
auto), I out drove him (I have a lot more rwd playing around seat time in
me)... the best run of the day was like a 37.xxx or a 38.xxx, I managed a
37.78x with a cone hit and a 38.170 with no cones down, these 2 runs were
made on a wet track. I also came to the conclusion that if I did hit a
cone it was probably with the rear bumper as I was hanging it out rather
well, but only the video can say for sure.... So basically anyone that
backed out due to weather missed a heck of a time, a heck of a cold time
but a good one none the less... Maybe next year we will get a better
collection of daks that can run...

Later Guys,
Chris

'00 CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Traction Bars, Spring
Clamps, Magnum Front Plate, Quick D Intake, "Smoke Em" Decal, Paint
In bed-liner, More to come
http://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm