Re: CT Autocross Results

From: Chris Lambert (mopar88@efortress.com)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 18:22:59 EST

Again the Chris Lambert's on the list get mixed up... the lowereed IB CC is
the other Chris Lambert, mine is the factory height Black CC.. They let me
run so I was happy, My plan was to keep the rears soft so I could swing the
back of the truck around... It is such a good feeling to be able to do this
legally, well at least without getting a ticket for it... any pics of that
tire in the air?

Chris

>Chris-
>
>Isn't your truck lowered???? I've never heard of anybody safety checking
>a lowered truck, especially in the rain!!!
>
>In Cal Club, the standard is 17 inches from bottom of the drivers door to
>the ground. My stock height SLT 2wd CC is 15" after a .5" tire drop.
>
>The SCCA has a rule which states no truck can run slicks regardless of how
>dropped it is. Not a problem, even though its a stupid rule, because there
>is no slick tire class we would want to run in!!! CP???
>
>The problem with a truck is when it is stock height and has soft springs
>with a lot of suspension travel. Add R tires and quick left right
>combination and you can get it to bicycle. In the rain, you can't generate
>the grip to get it on its roof, unless you have a bad run off situation or
>curbs in proximity to run off areas. If that is the situation then any car
>can roll. The lighter econoboxes would be the greatest risk.
>
>With good grip, I raise the inside front tire. I don't consider that
>dangerous. That's how the suspension should work on a RWD vehicle. I
>don't want to raise it too much!!!
>
>- -STE

'00 CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Traction Bars, Spring
Clamps, Magnum Front Plate, Quick D Intake, "Smoke Em" Decal, Paint
In bed-liner, More to come
http://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm