Re: Gibson Headers

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 22:10:58 EST

<<<The process simply consists of removing the stock manifolds and putting
the new ones on. The instructions said to use a high temp sealant on the
exhaust flanges of the header, I did (Red RTV), but am second guessing that
action because it stinks like it is burning. Oh well, hopefully it will
eventually burn off or something.

- -Russ>>>

I just thought of a tip that I and several other racers in my area have used
for years. Go get the fel-pro gaskets for the exhaust. Make sure they are
the flat metallic style, not the dimple shiny metallic style. Take the
fel-pros and soak them in water until they get where you can leave a finger
print in them. Put them in place and tighten up the manifolds. Crank the
motor and let them warm up. Re-torque after cooling and you will not have to
worry about leaks again. It has worked for about 7 years so far on my 79
Ford F-150 with a 400 in it.

Will
96 Cylindrically Challenged (Soon to have a blown 408 stroked 360!!!) V-6