Gibson Headers

From: xjruss@excite.com
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 00:02:15 EST

    I installed a set of Gibson headers on my Dak yesterday to go along with
my Gibson cat-back exhaust. It was a major pain in the ass but I guess it
was worth it. Engine pulls harder now. Also, the noise that the dealer
kept telling me was pinging is now barely noticeable compared to what it was
before. Had to remove passenger side fender well (plastic thing) to get the
header into the engine compartment because it wouldn't fit between the a/c
hardware. The biggest pain is that the design of the headers does not allow
easy access to the header bolts. I had to use you a regular open end
wrench, and there is no way you can torque them down with a torque wrench.
Anyways, just thought I would share my experience.

-Russ
'99 CC SLT 4x4 V8

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html