Re: dodge 440

From: Jason Bleazard (drazaelb@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 12:08:51 EST

How do you tell when you're addicted to a mailing list? When you
reply to your own messages...

Anyway, I found the site. It's http://www.bummer-kit.com/

They only mention Chevys, but claim they're thinking of making them
work for Dodges as well. No idea how out of date their site is,
wouldn't hurt to get in touch with them if you're interested.

--- Jason Bleazard <drazaelb@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Four Wheeler magazine has run a couple of articles lately about
> "BumVees" or "Bummers". It's a fiberglass body that looks a lot
> like
> a Hummer, designed to replace the body of a variety of trucks.
> They're specifically designed for trucks like this Ramcharger that
> runs good but looks bad. Putting a new body on the Ramcharger
> won't
> be cheap, but neither is putting the 440 in a Durango. (And the
> Ramcharger has solid axles -- better for hard core off roading.)
>
> I'll see if I can find any info about it on the web. I don't want
> discourage your Durango project, just wanted to give you another
> option if you wanted it. If I had the means, I'd personally love
> find an old Ramcharger like that and put a Bummer body on it.
>
> --- Michael Kuriger <michael@isuzu-mods.com> wrote:
> > The 440 is sitting in a ram charger that
> > has 38's and has no problem lighting them up. too bad the ran
> > charger
> > is rusted, no interior, basically a mess.
> >
> > -=Mike

=====
Linux: Because a 486 is a terrible thing to waste.