Re: Update on my Dak/PING REFLASH questions

From: Wes Weems (wweems@fix.net)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 01:32:08 EST

Ughh sounds exactly like my problem....

I can hardly see how a 180 degree stat would fix my problem, but then my
truck pings/clatters at idle, ALL THE TIME, warm or cold. I honestly think
its something in the way its putting fuel into the engine... one time, I
reset my computers problem, and it didnt ping at all for like 2 months...
however the reset hasnt helped me the last 4 times I've done it. I
personally dont mind the apparent ping at half throttle, or heck, mild
pinging at WOT, but clatter which sounds like a diesel at idle is
rediculous....

I wrote a LONG LONG LONG email to the guy in charge of the service
department at my local dealer... explaining to him that the techs that
looked at it the last 2 times, said either it was 1)normal, or 2)not
reproducable.... and that when they said it was normal and no fix, I talked
to the parts department and the guy sold me the "belly pan gasket - ping fix
kit" humm...

Well now they want me to bring my dodge in AGAIN.... and they will fix it
for free... and really fix it. Honestly I think that whatever is causing the
clattering is killing my performance... i suspected a map or IAT sensor,
maybe o2 sensor... but heck I dont know. (this is what I loved about my 77
chebby, no damn sensors or computers...)

Wes