Re: What Exactly Does All this mean?!?!?!

From: Jack Paulson (cybermail1@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 09:20:13 EST

Go to:
www.4adodge.com
you can look up the specs for your truck.
Welcome to the list and don't forget to use the
archives - a lot of info there.
--- Jeffrey Wilson <jeffalso88@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm fairly new to this list and have recently
> purchased my FIRST Truck.
> Already I've seen and learned some things about the
> Dakota I never thought
> I'd learn :) Great List Guys.
>
> Back in March I purchased a 2000 QC 4.7L V8 Magnum.
> Did quite a bit of
> looking around before I decided on this truck, then
> after I decided on it
> found a TON of info that spoke nothing but good
> things about the Dakota.
>
> Anyway, my question:
>
> How much can I actually TOW?
>
> The QAWR per axle on my truck is listed as 3100lbs.
> The QVWR on the truck is 5680lbs.
>
> I had gotten the optional tow package (actually was
> a freebie as the dealer
> didn't have the truck I wanted, that didn't have the
> tow package, but had a
> truck in a different color and with several extra
> options I haggled him into
> giving me cheap).
>
> So, here I am about to buy a Class III hitch because
> I may be having to haul
> my wife's new horse and its trailer (I wasn't
> expecting this when I bought
> the truck so I'm not even sure it can handle it).
>
> I know the horse only weighs in around 1000lbs. Its
> a small welsh horse.
> The trailer will prolly be wieghing in between 1000
> and 1500lbs (I've got my
> eye on a couple of them).
>
> Will the Dakota handle this? Anyone know roughly
> how much the 2000 QC
> wieghs (estimate is fine for now)? Anyone know best
> way for me to discover
> the Gear Ratio my truck? I looked at the sticker on
> the door but maybe I
> missed it...
>
> Thanks in Advance
> Jeffrey Wilson

> http://www.hotmail.com.
>
> Share information about yourself, create your own
> public profile at
> http://profiles.msn.com.

=====
2000 Quad Cab 4X4-Sport V-6 Automatic Sports Plus Package
31X10.5 tires Limited Slip 3.55 Trailer Tow Group
HD Package Skid Plates Added:Airaid air filter,Flowmaster 3 chamber,
Steel Horse Torneau cover, Autolite Double Platinum 3923 Plugs,
Removed air horns from Throttle Boddy, added new TB bolts,
Cool Tape around air filter and A/C tubes-Smyrna, Georgia