Update on clank/ping/sucky dodge dealer

From: Wes Weems (wweems@fix.net)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 15:02:20 EST

Well... after becoming furious that after 4 visits to the dodge dealer the
mysterious clank (my v6 dak has been said to sound like a cummings turbo
diesel), I decided to tell the manager of my local dealer how I felt about
my so called 5 star service. Anyway, I used plenty of four letter words,
knowing they generally dont get you anywhere. After talking to him for a
while, he had be bring my dodge in today... and apparently they heard what I
heard... that basically the timing chain is sooo loose that it affects my
timing, as well as clanks like hell on the timing chain cover.... NOT GOOD
NEWS. Apparently the guy had told me he would take care of whatever needed
to be fixed, however this is a little more of a project then I think he
thought it was going to be =) Pinging was the least of my problem... but
apparently this causes all of my performance issues...

Wes