Re: I got this leak whooped

From: Jon (jon@dakota-truck.net)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 00:22:55 EST

On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Jon Smith wrote:
[...]
> BTW, whenever you people need RTV, forget it. Spend the extra cash, buy a
> can of "The Right Stuff" totally awesome performance! The end gasket leak
> is no longer, no doubt about it. Where I dimpled the block and manifold,
> welllll it's a pain in the perverbial ass to clean "T.R.S" out of those
> areas. I won't complain about that though, cuz they aint gonna leak!

  Yep, good stuff! Pricey, but in this case you really do get what
you pay for. :-)

> So here I sit 2 hours later, almost finished... I've been workin on cars for
> goin on 12 hours straight today, plus the GF called and gave me the "is
> working on your truck more important than talking to me" gig, which ate up
> some time...
>
> So I think given the opportunity to work w/o a phone near me, and doing this
> on a day off I could probably do the manifold swap in less than an hour.
> :-)

  Hey, how about one of them there cordless phones with a headset? No
reason why you can't do both at the same time! Just tryin' to help... ;-)

                                              -Jon-

  .---- Jon Steiger ----- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@twistedbits.net ------.
  | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot - SEL |
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `------------------------------ http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ----'