Re: 2001: DISARM HORN CHIRP/LOCKING DOORS

From: Corey Betka (betka@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 09:53:46 EST

Actually, the manual is completely wrong, steps should be:
1. Turn key to on, but do not start.
2. Press and hold the LOCK button for 4 to 10 secs
3. While holding the LOCK button, press the PANIC button.
4. Release both when a chime sounds.

Now, does anyone know how to reprogram a keyless entry fob? I got into
programming mode while trying to figure this out and now only one of
my two fobs works, as usual the process in the manual is WRONG.

Yay, no more horn chirp AND the DML pays off again. BTW, if you've got
a 2001, you might want to check your lug nuts, I had two that were
only finger tight at 500 miles. (Guess the 900 lb gorilla was using
the wrong air gun on my lug nuts, haven't tried to pull the plugs yet,
but I bet they are tight.)

Corey Betka
2001 CC 4x4 4.7L Auto
For picture, see my profile

On Thu, 9 Nov 2000 SEMIHEMI01@aol.com wrote:

> The owners manual is WRONG in their instructions for disarming the horn
> chirp upon locking the doors. Instructions are on Page 15 of manual.
> Step #1 is OK
> Step #2 is OK
> Step #3 should read while holding the unlock buttom pressed, press "PANIC"
> button (instead of lock button) then release both when tone is heard.
> Bill
>
> SEMIHEMI01 (Bill C.) 2001 QC, 4.7L, 5spd. 3.55 LSD, K-N + Cool-Air, SilBlades,
> 10w-30 MOBIL 1, 180 T'STAT, GIBSON 3" Single Side-Swept cat-back, G-TECH,
> <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/semihemi01/">"THE DAK"</A>

Corey Betka
Special Projects Coordinator, Webserver Admin
Residental Student Computing
University of Illinois, Housing Division