RE: need help, electric fan won't shut off!

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 12:42:10 EST

Dave,
I'm not totally familiar with the Hayden thermalswitch setup, but I would
guess there is a relay involved in the switching of the fan between the fan
motor and battery. I would say one of two things has happened. Either the
relay is stuck in the closed position, or the thermal sensor itself is bad.

You can check both of the components with a VOM to determine which one is
bad. As a quick on the relay, try taping on it. Most of the time if a
relay is stuck, it can be freed by a good rap on the housing (unless it is
an electronic relay).
Rich - Ashburn, VA