Re: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: SCORE Magnum heads for free, read on!

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@mediaone.net)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 23:07:39 EST

It depends on the alloy blend used, the Ti used on mountain bike frames is
"soft" to avoid breakage. Ti hard enough for engine parts is more brittle. I
was warned that Ti spring keepers can shatter and only race engines should
use these if they need the light weight. Street engines spend less than 1%
of their life at high RPM's.

Mark Kuzia
flyboy01@mediaone.net
http://people.mw.mediaone.net/flyboy01/home.html
1995 Dakota 13.79 @ 102.45 mph
360ci, 5-spd, 4.11 LS(blown out), Cowl-induction
(A new 8 3/4 is being built by Reider Racing right now)