Re: 4.7L Mileage

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 01:56:46 EST

Jeff, by O/T do you mean the overdrive? if you do, then yes, I drive it in
overdrive,but mine's a 5-spd truck.I have done a couple of things to
increase the mileage-#1:installed bed cover,#2-installed K&N
filter,#3-installed flowmaster exhaust,#4-shift at 1900-2000 rpm's when
accelerating#5-always keep 35 lbs. of air in the tires #6-always keep it in
alignment(for every 1 degree your front end is out of alignment,every mile
you drive is equivalent to dragging one of your front tires sideways down
the road for 150 ft.) #7-slowed down! I don't drive fast, so I don't have
near the wind resistance to push through. I also hope that lowering the
truck(in the next few weeks I hope! I have the parts,just waiting for time&$
to install) will cut down on the wind resistance too! HTH,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
forest green sport plus/mods:upper&lower speed grille,clear corner lenses
w/clear bulbs,empire billet 3rd brake light cover&antenna,APC white face
gauges,Magnum R/T windsheild banner,checkmate flush fiberglass
tonneau,carpeted bed,2-chamber flow w/dual 3" dumps,lowered 2" in rear,R/T
fender flares,chromed interior a/c vents,side windows tinted to 5%,back
glass to 2.5% with chrome ram head decal,pwr tailgate lock,K&N drop-in/ 1ST
place Dakota-truck at 11th annual Houston Mopar show and race/National DML
meet!!