4.7L Mileage

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 00:35:04 EST

Ok you guys that didn't believe me, My overhead computer was a little off,
but not much.I checked my mileage by doing the following: Sunday,I left home
on my way back to school&stopped to fill up.Reset the trip odometer,pumped
the tank plum full of gas(all the way up the tube).Left the gas
station,drove to school-90 mi.Got to school,shut truck down.Didn't move the
truck all week(as usual).Today,friday,cranked the truck up and allowed it to
warm up while loading up,left school and drove the same 90 miles back to the
same gas station.checked trip odometer-179.6 mi.pumped gas until tank plum
full,all the way up the tube.checked gallon meter on pump,6.51xxx gallons,or
6.5 gallons.Did the math,got 27.63xxx mpg!!!.So, I am not actually getting
29 mpg, but I think it's doing pretty darn good for a V-8! Hope this clears
up some speculations and doubts.

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25") Have Hotchkis suspension&doetsch
tech shocks,waiting to be installed!!
forest green sport plus/mods:upper&lower speed grille,clear corner lenses
w/clear bulbs,empire billet 3rd brake light cover&antenna,APC white face
gauges,Magnum R/T windsheild banner,checkmate flush fiberglass
tonneau,carpeted bed,2-chamber flow w/dual 3" dumps,lowered 2" in rear,R/T
fender flares,chromed interior a/c vents,side windows tinted to 5%,back
glass to 2.5% with chrome ram head decal,pwr tailgate lock,K&N drop-in/ 1ST
place Dakota-truck at 11th annual Houston Mopar show and race/National DML
meet!!