Re: oil level in 4.7

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 03:06:03 EST

When I'm doing a oil change after draing the oil, removed the filter. I'll
crank the motor just for a split second with out firing it up. I'll get out
about a cup more of real dirty oil. yech. Before putting the plug back in the
pan I'll pour 1/2 quart into the motor and that flushs out some more dirty
oil. on the oil cooler' I also pull the upper hose to allow it to drain the
dirty oil also.

Just my oily 2 cents worth.

Don

<< Not sure - I haven't changed the oil yet :) have you started the engine
yet?
the oil passages and oil filter may eat up the last quart.

-=Mike

--
-=Mike Kuriger
1991 Isuzu Impulse RS 1.8