bellypangasket UPDATE

From: Wes Weems (wweems@fix.net)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 01:42:27 EST

Approx 2 months ago, I did my belly pan gasket fix... basically yanked the
manifold, and replaced it, with stock steel or whatever gaskets, the right
stuff, and correct torques, and apparently, I finally got the combination
100% perfect, for the time being anyway... I peeked down there today...
cause I suspected I could have blown it again or somethign... and the damn
thing is still clean as a whistle, NO oil residue whatsoever =) This is a
big plus for me... I dont know how many valve cover gaskets I did in my
chebby, but they ALWAYS seemed to leak =)

I know that my 97 gen III dak has computerized timing... is there anyway to
chcek it? I am still concerned about the way my truck is burning fuel.... it
seems like it runs really poorly, smells as if its spitting out unspent fuel
in the exaust, and lost a lot of power..

Thanks everyone for everything so far =)

Wes