RE: bellypangasket UPDATE

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 08:23:40 EST

Wes,

How many miles are on it first of all?

As for the timing, it can be checked with an adjustable timing light...if
you have one (or know someone that will loan it to you), set the light at
approximately 15-17 degrees BTDC at idle. You can then adjust slightly
higher or lower to find where it idles at. However, the timing does
fluctuate even at idle so don't worry if it moves + or - 2 degrees at idle.
Again, it isn't adjustable but this way you can at least watch it...if that
makes you feel better. ;)

If the exhaust has a slight sweet smell to it and water is coming out as
well, that's actually perfect. (A little bit of water coming out of the
tailpipe is normal anyway.) If it smells like fuel or makes your eyes burn,
that's bad.

- Bernd