Got my belly pan gasket fixed

From: Jack Hilton (hemi@charter.net)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 08:46:39 EST

Well, I got into Landmark Dodge at about 0830 on Saturday, and I got to
leave at about 1600. I knew it would take all day though.

The mechanic said he has never seen one leak as much as mine was. I know
it was bad as I had put 6 quarts of oil in it in one week just to keep
it close to full. I made it very very clear that they were not to flash
the PCM, and they didn't. One thing the tech told me that was kinda of
dumb was 'Ya know, that 180 thermostat is making that thing run rich and
it might clog up your cat.'. He tried to justify this by pointing out
all of the suit on the tailpipe. I reminded him that this was most
likely from the fact that the engine was ingesting large amounts of oil
and fouling out the plugs, which causes the pinging when the gasket
blows, and which means it spits out raw fuel.

Jack