RE: New 4.7L questions

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 13:28:45 EST

The 5-star dealership I go to puts the synthetic in for me. I supply the
oil and filter and they change it. I use Castrol Syntec 5W-50 and a K&N oil
filter. The mechanic has told me I'm using one of the best, both in oil and
filter. That's not to say that he hasn't told me the same thing that a lot
of DML'ers have said as well. If you want to pay for the high-price spread
and you're still changing your oil real regularly (like I do) it's your
money. It's not that I want to see how long I can go without an oil change.
It's just that I feel these new synthetics lubricate better. That means a
longer lasting engine, transmission (careful, here, must be Chrysler
approved), differential, etc.

Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
For modifications see my DML Profile