Re: Amp mounting in a 01 cc dak

From: Mike's Dakota (mikesdakota@home.com)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 02:11:35 EST

I think the Thunder-Form has a built in space for an amp. Another
alternative that I used in my 99 was to raise the passenger seat 1" for
clearance of the seat mechanism. I made MDF blocks for the rear mounts and
metal bracket extenders for the front mounts. That may not work if your
passenger seat is powered.
I think the Premium Infinity system puts out 12-15 watts per channel norm
20-25 watts per channel max. In the 97-2000 infinity systems they used an
external amp that should be bypassed if you are using an aftermarket amp.
Hope this helps a little.