Dynomax Catback FINALLY installed!!!

From: Mike Styer (dakotamike@netzero.net)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 20:44:28 EST

WHEE!!! After waiting 5 days for UPS to get their act together, I got my
Dynomax Super Turbo catback exhaust system at 2:00 this afternoon. Had it
installed by 4:00. the only problem I had installing it was completely removing
the old system. I had to take off what was left of one section of the pipe.
Installation was literally bolt-in, no mods required at all.

PERFORMANCE UPDATE:
I had been running without a muffler and the pipe cut just about 12 inches from
the cat. VERY loud-could wake up the entire neighborhood. Engine had more pull
from 2K rpm and up, but it lost a significant amount of torque.

With the new system, my V6 now sounds like and is as loud as an OE V8 (trick the
little ricers now :). It has a nice quite rumble and a throaty acceleration.
The hp starts a little lower on the tack now (about 1500). The 3k to 5k pull is
MUCH better than before. Butt-dyno tells me the 30-70 mph time is down quite a
bit. Chirped the tires going into 3rd :)!!! But best of all, I got my original
torque back plus some. Even with skinny all-seasons on wet roads, I can really
tell I more grunt. I took her up some hills that I usually need to shift into
2nd to take, and now have no problem in 3rd. Can't wait until I can haul a
load.

Sorry this is so long. Just thought some might want a thorough description. I
haven't driven much in the past two weeks, so I still don't have mpg results
from changing the timing belt and tune up. Hopefully I can do better than 10
mpg :)

Mike S.
93 V6 5-speed CC Sport
PermaCool 16" electric fan, Dynomax Super Turbo exhaust, 98 bucket seats,
Pioneer sound system...um..crap, need a better job to get anything else :)