Bucket Seats WAS: Dynomax Catback

From: Mike Styer (dakotamike@netzero.net)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 01:22:31 EST

Mike,

I got the grey cloth bucket seats with the flipping center console/ bench at a
scrap yard for 75 bucks. The Gen III's mounts are 3" narrower but the length is
the same. The Gen III's use a different lever to adjust the seat, and on the
Gen II's the lever moved in a vertical manner, thus creating a clearance issue
for the seat track.

I took my old mounts and added 1/2" spacer/adaptor for the seat-to-assembly
points. The center consoles are mounted to brackets that go to the seat
mounts. Since the seats were now 3" closer, I cut the brackets 1-1/2" on the
console side and drilled new holes. Aside from the seats sitting 1/2" higher,
they look stock. I was able to keep the OE plastic from the original seats
too. Overall, it took about 4" hours to do, with fitting an dusoing hand tools
for everything.

I like them over the old 60/40 split bench. The foam is a firmer type, but much
more supportive. With 190K on my truck I can really tell the difference :), and
no, the rounded backs don't look stupid in a squarish truck. My only real
problems are that I need to change the rear seats cloth to match. I can't get
the backrest cloth off :) Because of the extra half inch, a tilt steering
column would also be nice sometimes.

If I had to do it different, I would find some power seats leather seats from a
Durango. I don't think the I would have had to add as much clearance as I did.

I'm trying to borrow a digicam from work so I can set up a website, when I get
it, I'll let everyone know.

Mike S.
93 V6 5-speed CC Sport
PermaCool 16" electric fan, Dynomax Super Turbo exhaust, 98 bucket seats,
Pioneer sound system

Download Now http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html
Request a CDROM 1-800-333-3633